Spill Magic Spill Response Program
What is the Spill Response Program and why use it?
Spill Magic’s Spill Response Program is a simple, inexpensive way to reduce slip and fall accidents by providing a quick, thorough method of removing liquid spills on retail floors, and by providing the ongoing service necessary to sustain such a program on a long-term basis.
It consists of 2 things:
- Spill Magic: A non-toxic, non-flammable, lightweight absorbent that will quickly remove any spilled liquid or semi-liquid of any origin; turning it into a dry powder almost immediately, leaving no spill residue behind. It’s safe for use around humans, animals, plants and the environment; and will not damage cement, asphalt, carpet or any floor surface.
- The Spill Response Station (SRS): A stand-alone unit that has everything necessary to remove a spill conveniently stored on a wire rack. It’s unobtrusive, requires no floor space and tucks away in tiny areas; unobtrusive to customers, yet easily located or recognized by Store Associates.
Slip & Fall Accidents are Costly
National Floor Safety Institute (NFSI):
- Slip and fall accidents cost retailers billions of dollars per year
- Worker’s Compensation – Average Cost / Claim = $4000
- Liability – Average Cost / Claim = $60,000 to $100,000
Source: Contracting Profits article, September, 2003 issue
Quick Spill Response is Essential
- The longer a spill remains on the floor, the greater exposure to the risk of a Slip & Fall injury
- Typical Response Time required to clean liquid spill & restore surface to clean, dry & free of spill residue: Conventional Methods (mop & bucket, paper towels, cleaners, etc): 20 minutes or more
- Spill Magic Spill Response System: 5 minutes or less
Slip & Fall Accidents are Manageable
When used properly, Spill Magic’s Spill Response Program can result in a 20-30% reduction in slip and fall claims in the first 6 months a store is on the program. Store Associates gain a greater awareness of not only the slip and fall problem, but safety in general; and their duty to make the store safe for both customers and their fellow employees. Customers appreciate a proactive effort to provide a safe place to shop & tend to be more careful themselves.
Additional Cost Savings
- Labor: Less time to clean up spill allows personnel to return to other more productive duties
- Downtime: The aisle is ready for your customers immediately…no waiting or blocking it off
- Cleaning Supplies: Mops, buckets, paper towels, solvents, degreasers…no longer needed